Tuesday 22 April 2014

Rocket Fang!

Howdy,

Hope everyone has had a great Easter!

With some time off from work the last Fang in the squad has been completed. I was a little bit nervous about painting him as I couldn't get overly excited about getting some paint down on him. Its kinda funny trying to explain it, maybe it was because I had to paint him from the plastic that the nervousness and general feeling of it being a chore kicked in, who knows. I have to say though once I had the base coats of paint down I could imagine picking out the details and that spurred me on. 

Here he is taking aim
Erm............ I'd duck if i were you!

Its funny but just today whilst catching up on blogs that I stalk follow, I heard a similar tale from Karitas over at Excommunicate Tratioris and then I thought about it and think that I am suffering from a Wolf burn out too. Don't get me wrong I love the models when they are painted, but with the Wolves it feels like there is an endless queue at the moment. 

Here is the now customary 360 view.

Kneel, Aim, Fire!

Anyway not all doom and gloom. I took some advice from a fellow blogger and experimented with some different techniques on the backpack. I thinned the paints and went for multiple layers of Russ Grey to try and achieve a smoother finish. The outcome was pretty good. 


Rockets!
The main aim of finishing the Fang off was to complete the squad of five, so with Rocket Fang complete I had to get the rest of the squad out for a photoshoot!


And smile for the camera


In a line


So taking stock I think a change of colour is needed to reignite the painting fire, I'll come back to the Wolves at some point as there are still a few to go, but I'm happy with the painting progress thats been made in the first six months of the blog. thinking back to why I began with the blog it was to improve the quality of the finished miniatures and looking at the line up I think that its going in the right direction.


Oh and apologies for the Elton John inspired title, bet thats stuck in your head now!

Till next time!

1 comment:

  1. Looking good, I am just spraying my own rocket man in red!

    ReplyDelete